How do you help a child with anxiety?
Every parent seeing signs of stress in their child wants to know:
- Does my child have an axiety disorder? and,
- If so, how do I help my anxious child?
In this article we’ll help you identify anxiety and know what to do about it.
In This Article
About the Author
September Trent MS, LPC is a licensed professional counselor specializing in eating disorders, self-harm, anxiety, and depression treatment. You can schedule an appointment with September for online counseling or in-person at our Springfield, Missouri counseling center.
When Your Child Feels Anxious…
- Biederman, J., Hirshfeld-Becker, D. R., Rosenbaum, J. F., Hérot, C., Friedman, D., Snidman, N., … & Faraone, S. V. (2001). Further evidence of association between behavioral inhibition and social anxiety in children. American journal of Psychiatry, 158(10), 1673-1679. 
- La Greca, A. M., & Stone, W. L. (1993). Social anxiety scale for children-revised: Factor structure and concurrent validity. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 22(1), 17-27. 
- Anxiety Disorders (for parents) 
Join our weekly newsletter to have a better life
Take the first step towards a better tomorrow, today.
Start Your Journey
Learn about how our counseling services work and how to get started.