Biblical. Clinical. Professional.
Christian Counseling from Licensed Professionals
MyCounselor Online offers easy access to professional counselors who love Jesus, know the Bible, and who are clinically trained. We share your values and can help you be mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy in every area of your life.
- She truly cares about her clients and pours so much time and effort into improving their lives.Matt B.
- Staff was extremely friendly, responsive and professional. We were able to go from inquiring to talking to our counselor within a few days.Gena R.
- He is a skilled, godly counselor of highest integrity!Charlene A.
- I’ve been to a couple of counseling centers over the past 10 years or so and I have to say this has been the best place.mrsnicki6680
- He developed a plan for us to use and it's been working great.Russ S.
Counselors Near You
Want to meet in-person with a counselor where we don’t have offices? Focus on the Family (FOF) and the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) maintain networks of local counselors.
*Note: The counselors in the FOF and AACC networks are not employees of those organizations like the therapists at MyCounselor. That means they are not held to the same quality standards as our team.
What kind of counseling are you searching for?
Start Your Journey
Professional Counseling Anywhere
MyCounselor uses a HIPPA compliant tele-health video software to provide online counseling with end-to-end encryption using TLS 1.2, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit algorithm for maximum security.
Our video conferencing software has native applications on Apple, Android, Mac, and Windows devices. You can connect with your counselor online from your phone, computer, or tablet.
There is a growing body of research supporting the effectiveness of online counseling. Here are just a few of the scholarly articles that find online therapy to be as effective as in-person counseling.
- Richards, D., & Viganó, N. (2013). Online counseling: A narrative and critical review of the literature. Journal of clinical psychology, 69(9), 994-1011. 
- Rochlen, A. B., Zack, J. S., & Speyer, C. (2004). Online therapy: Review of relevant definitions, debates, and current empirical support. Journal of clinical psychology, 60(3), 269-283. 
- Barak, A., Hen, L., Boniel-Nissim, M., & Shapira, N. A. (2008). A comprehensive review and a meta-analysis of the effectiveness of internet-based psychotherapeutic interventions. Journal of Technology in Human services, 26(2-4), 109-160. 
Therapists Who Love Jesus
At MyCounselor we are unashamed of our beliefs, but that doesn’t mean you have to agree with us to receive counseling. We believe love and respect for people, especially those that believe differently than us, is a central tenet of our faith.
We consider it a matter of informed consent to let you know the world-view that shapes our thinking, because we don’t believe values neutral counseling is possible.
You don’t have to be a Christian to receive services from us. While you are certain to be exposed to our faith values in the course of therapy, we will never impose our beliefs on you.
Statement of Faith
At MyCounselor we embrace the Focus on the Family Statement of Faith.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God;
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory;
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ is absolutely essential;
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life;
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they who are saved unto the resurrection of life and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation;
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
Code of Ethics
At MyCounselor.Online we practice in accordance with the ethics and standards defined in the American Association of Christian Counselors Code of Ethics.
Have The Relationship You’ve Always Dreamed About
Marriage is tough…for everyone one. You are not alone. Fortunately people have been practicing marriage since Adam and Eve, so there’s a lot of history we can learn from.
Christian marriage counselors draw on the truths of the Bible and the findings of relationship researchers to help couples have the kind of happiness they dreamed about at their wedding.
At MyCounselor we use evidenced-based marriage strategies from emotion focused therapy (EFT) and others like The Gottman Institute. We frequently provide aftercare for couples that attend marriage workshops and intensives like Focus on the Families Hope Restored and the AffairRecovery.com’s EMS Weekend– both programs we would recommend.
Whatever you’re struggling with, we’ve seen it before. We’ve helped hundreds of other couples find the happiness they were looking for. You can join the ranks of those who say “I wish we would have done this sooner!”
Healing is possible after an affair. There is no definite answer to how long it takes to recover from the pain of infidelity. The only thing we can tell you for sure is the timeline will take longer than you wish it would.
We’ve helped thousands of couples fix their marriage after catching their spouse cheating. Saving your marriage isn’t guaranteed, but we know what will give you the best chance. Whether or not the marriage survives, both the betrayed and betraying spouse need to heal.
Whether you’re facing an emotional affair, sexual infidelity, pornography or sex addiction, our guide to recovering from infidelity will get you started down the right path.
What is sex therapy? It’s a strategy for the improvement of sexual function and treatment of sexual dysfunction. This includes sexual dysfunctions such as premature ejaculation or delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, lack of sexual interest or arousal, and painful sex. – Wikipedia
It’s a discipline in counseling that focuses on helping people heal from sexual hurts and learn how to enjoy a healthy sexual relationship with their spouse the way God designed.
Common Presenting Issues for Sex Therapy include:
- Low Sexual Desire
- Pain During Intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Recovery from Rape or Abuse
- Difficulty or Inability to Climax / Orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Erectile Dysfunction / Premature or Delayed Ejaculation
The sex therapist at MyCounselor receive training in Christian sex therapy from the Institute for Sexual Wholeness based out of Richmond Graduate University. Members of our team hold varying levels of certification with the American Board of Christian Sex Therapists (ABCST).
ABCST holds standards for credentialing similar to AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists). However, ABCST approaches sex therapy from a Biblical worldview.
This article from Psychology Today does a good job of describing sex therapy from a secular perspective. The professional aspects are the same for Christian sex therapists, only we bring a Biblical understanding of sex to the conversation.