Find the help you are looking for, online or in-person.
Our licensed professionals can meet with you from your phone, computer, tablet, or at our offices.
Receive counseling from top rated therapists for marriage counseling, sex therapy, anxiety, and depression treatment.
Biblical. Clinical. Professional.
Christian Counseling from Licensed Professionals
MyCounselor Online offers easy access to professional counselors who love Jesus, know the Bible, and who are clinically trained.
We share your values and can help you be mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy in every area of your life.
- Shaun Lotter was kind and helpful, and my husband and I enjoyed seeing him. We will not be coming back.Melissa Lehman
- ASAP! Potential customers BEWARE! Before I went to this company I checked the reviews and saw the one star reviews but I just ignore it.Inner Beauty
- She's made me feel comfortable from day 1, and always has my best interest in mind.Paige Ann
- She is encouraging, insightful, stands on biblical principles, and pushes me to be the best version of myself.Katie Donovan
- It was the best move I ever made. I had intimate conversations with my counselor, Leslie Bashioum weekly. I never had to leave my house.Gloria Vallieres
Counselors Near You
Want to meet in-person with a counselor where we don’t have offices? Focus on the Family (FOF) and the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) maintain networks of local counselors.
*Note: The counselors in the FOF and AACC networks are not employees of those organizations like the therapists at MyCounselor. That means they are not held to the same quality standards as our team.
What kind of counseling are you searching for?
Start Your Journey
Professional Counseling Anywhere
MyCounselor uses a HIPPA compliant tele-health video software to provide online counseling with end-to-end encryption using TLS 1.2, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit algorithm for maximum security.
Our video conferencing software has native applications on Apple, Android, Mac, and Windows devices. You can connect with your counselor online from your phone, computer, or tablet.
There is a growing body of research supporting the effectiveness of online counseling. Here are just a few of the scholarly articles that find online therapy to be as effective as in-person counseling.
- Richards, D., & Viganó, N. (2013). Online counseling: A narrative and critical review of the literature. Journal of clinical psychology, 69(9), 994-1011. 
- Rochlen, A. B., Zack, J. S., & Speyer, C. (2004). Online therapy: Review of relevant definitions, debates, and current empirical support. Journal of clinical psychology, 60(3), 269-283. 
- Barak, A., Hen, L., Boniel-Nissim, M., & Shapira, N. A. (2008). A comprehensive review and a meta-analysis of the effectiveness of internet-based psychotherapeutic interventions. Journal of Technology in Human services, 26(2-4), 109-160. 
Therapists Who Love Jesus
At MyCounselor we are unashamed of our beliefs, but that doesn’t mean you have to agree with us to receive counseling. We believe love and respect for people, especially those that believe differently than us, is a central tenet of our faith.
We consider it a matter of informed consent to let you know the world-view that shapes our thinking, because we don’t believe values neutral counseling is possible.
You don’t have to be a Christian to receive services from us. While you are certain to be exposed to our faith values in the course of therapy, we will never impose our beliefs on you.
Statement of Faith
At MyCounselor we embrace the Focus on the Family Statement of Faith.
The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe.
Code of Ethics
At MyCounselor.Online we practice in accordance with the ethics and standards defined in the American Association of Christian Counselors Code of Ethics.
Have The Relationship You’ve Always Dreamed About
Marriage is tough…for everyone one. You are not alone. Fortunately people have been practicing marriage since Adam and Eve, so there’s a lot of history we can learn from.
Christian marriage counselors draw on the truths of the Bible and the findings of relationship researchers to help couples have the kind of happiness they dreamed about at their wedding.
At MyCounselor we use evidenced-based marriage strategies from emotion focused therapy (EFT) and others like The Gottman Institute. We frequently provide aftercare for couples that attend marriage workshops and intensives like Focus on the Families Hope Restored and the AffairRecovery.com’s EMS Weekend– both programs we would recommend.
Whatever you’re struggling with, we’ve seen it before. We’ve helped hundreds of other couples find the happiness they were looking for. You can join the ranks of those who say “I wish we would have done this sooner!”
Healing is possible after an affair. There is no definite answer to how long it takes to recover from the pain of infidelity. The only thing we can tell you for sure is the timeline will take longer than you wish it would.
We’ve helped thousands of couples fix their marriage after catching their spouse cheating. Saving your marriage isn’t guaranteed, but we know what will give you the best chance. Whether or not the marriage survives, both the betrayed and betraying spouse need to heal.
Whether you’re facing an emotional affair, sexual infidelity, pornography or sex addiction, our guide to recovering from infidelity will get you started down the right path.
What is sex therapy? It’s a strategy for the improvement of sexual function and treatment of sexual dysfunction. This includes sexual dysfunctions such as premature ejaculation or delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, lack of sexual interest or arousal, and painful sex. – Wikipedia
It’s a discipline in counseling that focuses on helping people heal from sexual hurts and learn how to enjoy a healthy sexual relationship with their spouse the way God designed.
Common Presenting Issues for Sex Therapy include:
- Low Sexual Desire
- Pain During Intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Recovery from Rape or Abuse
- Difficulty or Inability to Climax / Orgasm (anorgasmia)
- Erectile Dysfunction / Premature or Delayed Ejaculation
The sex therapist at MyCounselor receive training in Christian sex therapy from the Institute for Sexual Wholeness based out of Richmont Graduate University. Members of our team hold varying levels of certification with the American Board of Christian Sex Therapists (ABCST).
ABCST holds standards for credentialing similar to AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists). However, ABCST approaches sex therapy from a Biblical worldview.
Have more questions about what happens in sex therapy? Get the scoop in this article What is Christian Sex Therapy?