Try Online Counseling Risk Free Today!
*Pricing for counseling depends on the training and experience of the therapist. At MyCounselor.Online we organize our clinicians into 5 Tiers of training and experience from most experience and training (Tier 5) to least experience and training (Tier 1).
Want to pick your counselor? -> Visit our Counselors Page to check out their bios and make your choice.
Every Tier includes
- Risk Free Guarantee for Online | If after attending your first session you decide online counseling isn’t for you, we’ll give you a full refund – simple as that.
- Biblically Christian | Our counselors believe the Bible is God’s Word and are personally committed to following Jesus. Most have been pastors, missionaries, or are seminary trained.
- Clinically Proven | Our counselors are trained in Evidenced-Based therapies from a Trauma Informed model based in Attachment, Object Relations, and Psychodynamic Theory. Specifically we train in Schema Therapy, Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), and Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP).
- Email & Text Appointment Reminders | Our scheduling software will automatically send out reminders to you via email and text so you never miss a session.
- Online or In-Person | Attend therapy sessions In-Person at one of our offices or Online via our encrypted HIPPA compliant tele-health video software – Whichever is most convenient for you.
- Flexible Scheduling | Appointments available 9 AM to 9 PM, Monday – Friday, with some limited Saturday availability.
- Change Therapists at Anytime | Counseling is very personal. If you don’t feel a connection with your therapist, you can switch at any time, no questions asked.
You can also call us between 9 am and 5 pm CT, Monday – Friday to schedule an appointment.
Scheduling Your First Appointment
What To Expect
- Be ready to describe, in a sentence or two, the kind of help your looking for / why you would like to meet with a counselor. (i.e. My husband and I are having marital difficulties and would like some help.)
- You’ll also need to have ready some basic information yourself and those who will see the counselor:
- The names and ages of all persons who will see the counselor
- Contact information including: address, phone number, and email
- How you learned about us
- Days of the week and times of day when you are available for an appointment
- Your social-security number (we need this for your medical records)
- A credit or debit card you will use to reserve the appointment
- After requesting an appointment you will want to complete your intake forms. You will also find a link in your confirmation e-mail.
What are the counseling fees?
Fees range from $45 to $175 depending on the level of experience of your counselor.
- Tier 5 — $175: Licensed professionals with advanced certifications and at least 10,000 hours of counseling experience.
- Tier 4 — $145: Licensed professionals with advanced certifications
- Tier 3 — $115: Licensed professionals
- Tier 2 — $95: Provisionally licensed professionals
- Tier 1 — $45: Counselors In Training
*All first-time appointments will be charged a non-refundable one-time $30 assessment and setup fee at the time of scheduling.
Do you offer free counseling?
With the amount of training and experience, our therapists have MyCounselor.Online isn’t free, but it can be affordable.
Don’t let cost prohibit you from getting help. There is an affordable road to healing.
- We have 5 Fee Tiers to choose from, starting at $45/session.
- Payment plans are available as low as $50/week.
- You may qualify for a scholarship from your church or work.
We also offer 1 Free Session of Tier 1 counseling online through https://freechristiancounseling.online/
Can you file my insurance?
Yes. We can submit a claim for reimbursement of service fees to your insurance on your behalf for a fee* or you may submit claims to your insurance company directly.
We cannot accept consignment for insurance benefits and have no control over how much your policy will cover or how covered claims will be applied based on your deductible.
You are responsible for paying fully for your services at the time of your appointment.
*In an effort to hold down costs associated with providing the most effective and helpful professional clinical services possible, MCO out sources our medical billing request to an independent medical biller. The $5 fee for this service is passed along to those requesting this service.
Are you in-network?
MyCounselor.Online is a Christian counseling center focused on providing the highest quality care possible. As such we are unwilling to enter into any arrangement that might pressure us to compromise quality to increase insurance company profits. Thus, at present, we are not a part of any private insurance in-network panels.
That being said, outpatient psychotherapy is a covered benefit under many insurance plans and we do have a number of clients who receive out-of-network benefits for our services.
Some networks, recognizing our excellence in certain specialized areas, have agreed to reimburse our clients at in-network levels even though we are not on their in-network panels. This is solely at the discretion of your insurance provider.
How soon can I get in?
Appointments are available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Also keep in mind that each counselor’s schedule is different, and availability may vary depending on how busy they are and whether they have any cancellations.
If you need to get in quick and have flexibility with which counselor you see, we may be able to schedule you with a therapist same-day if you contact us before 5 pm CT.
What's your cancellation policy?
If you fail to give notice of cancellation by 5 p.m. CT the business day before your scheduled appointment, your credit or debit card will be charged for the time you reserved.
A counselor’s time is very perishable. Unlike an item you return at the store that can be resold, once time has passed it is forever gone. Like a hotel room, once the time for cancellation of your appointment reservation has passed the time is yours, whether or not you are able to use it. When we hold an appointment slot for you we turn other people, who like you are looking for help, away. It’s not fair to the people we must turn away or to the counselor if you do not pay for the time held for you, even if the circumstances are beyond your control (they are also beyond the control of your counselor and those denied an appointment).
Canceling or rescheduling your appointment as soon as you become aware you will not be able to make it, 5 pm CT the business day before at the latest, allows us to offer your appointment time to those waiting for an appointment and those in crisis.
In the event of inclement weather or other circumstances that prevent you from making it to our office, you may be able to use your session time over the phone or by video
We apply the cancellation policy without favoritism and with uniformity to all clients to whom it applies.