Why Sex is So Important to Men
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Sex is REALLY important to men – No surprise there, but why…
In this article, we’ll unpack God’s design for sex in relationships and how men have been wired for connection. We’ll better understand how sex aides in men being emotionally attached and how physical intimacy facilitates emotional connection.
Looking for counseling?
About the Author
Josh Spurlock, MA, LPC, CST is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Sex Therapist with over 10,000 hours of clinical experience. Josh specializes in Marriage Counseling and Sex Therapy. You can schedule an appointment with Josh for online counseling.
In This Article
4 out of 5 marriages, men have the higher sex drive
Try Online Sex Therapy
MyCounselor.Online is the leading provider of online Christian sex therapy. For as little as $252 a month you can change your situation and truly THRIVE!
*If after your first session you decide it’s not for you we’ll give you a full refund, simple as that
- Gott, M., & Hinchliff, S. (2003). How important is sex in later life? The views of older people. Social science & medicine, 56(8), 1617-1628. 
- Mulhall, J., King, R., Glina, S., & Hvidsten, K. (2008). Importance of and satisfaction with sex among men and women worldwide: Results of the global better sex survey. The journal of sexual medicine, 5(4), 788-795. 
- Colson, M. H., Lemaire, A., Pinton, P., Hamidi, K., & Klein, P. (2006). COUPLES’SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION: Sexual Behaviors and Mental Perception, Satisfaction and Expectations of Sex Life in Men and Women in France. The journal of sexual medicine, 3(1), 121-131. 
- Why Sex Is So Important to Your Husband 
- Why Sex is Important in a Relationship 
Start Your Journey
Learn about how our counseling services work and how to get started.