Salary: $12.50 to $15.00 /hour
MyCounselor.Online is a Christian faith-based organization with a mission to increase access to professional Christian counseling services online and in-person. Alignment with our mission and a sense of calling to Kingdom work is important.
MyCounselor.Online is seeking a part-time evening receptionist to serve our clients and team of clinicians. The receptionist position is the first point of contact people seeking help from our counseling practice have with our organization.
It’s up to you to help them feel comfortable and confident that they’ve made the right decision by calling us. Help is near. Your voice and clear direction on how to get started help put their heart at ease.
As a clinical team, we are counting on you to give new clients a great experience. Help them navigate the challenges of the intake process and scheduling so they can get the help they are looking for as quickly as possible.
Daily tasks include answering the phones, responding to client messages, walking them through intake paperwork, scheduling, receiving payment, answering questions, communicating policy and procedure.
Our most successful receptionists have been graduate students in counseling programs who have wanted to gain experience in a private practice setting while they work towards their degree completion.
In fact, we prefer to hire students who have an interest in joining our practice upon graduation.
We can work with you to accommodate your internships and practicum schedules.
- Love People – it’s important that you actually like people and care about helping them. Your ability to communicate empathy and warmth over the phone is key.
- Tech Savvy – we are a very technologically driven practice. Our systems are completely paperless and cloud-based. Your ability to navigate technology is important.
- OCD – Being extremely organized and at least moderately perfectionistic is rather important. There a many details to the intake process that is critical to get right. Without strong attention to detail, you won’t be able to do the job well.
- Stress Management – We are a mental health clinic. Sometimes individuals who call into the practice are not completely rational and can have unfair or unrealistic expectations. Your ability to manage your own emotions and practice good self-care is critical to managing those stressful conversations that sometimes occur.
- Professionalism – Professionalism with the clinical team and our clients is of the utmost importance.
- Ministry Mindset – We are a Christian counseling center. We believe the work we do is what God has called us to. Sharing that mindset is important.
If this doesn’t sound like a “DREAM JOB!”, you probably shouldn’t apply.
If it does sound like your “almost too good to be true dream job”, but it also feels a bit intimidating – then you should definitely apply! I’m looking forward to meeting you!
- Part-Time Employment
- Compensation: $12.50-$15 per hour
This is the SEO section of the job posting. Our representative from Indeed tells us that the search engine Indeed uses is less sophisticated than Google, so if we want our listing to rank than keyword stuffing is very useful. So this is the part of the listing where we “stuff” all the relevant keywords.
Christian counseling, mental health, receptionist, administrative assistant, customer service representative, office assistant, medical receptionist