Are you anxious? Research suggests that at any given point in time at least two out of every 10 of your friends is struggling with anxiety also. In today’s high stress, high pressure society anxiety is becoming increasingly common. If you or someone you love is struggling with anxiety, you are in the right spot. I’m glad you are taking the time to research and find answers. You don’t have to stay anxious.
You might be struggling with anxiety if any of these statements resonate with you:
- I sometimes feel numbness or tingling in my body.
- I have moments where I feel hot. My face feels flushed.
- At times it feels like my legs are going to give out.
- I cannot seem to relax.
- I fear the worst is going to happen.
- Spells of dizziness or lightheadedness come over me.
- Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest, it’s pounding and racing.
- I feel unsteady.
- At times I feel terrified or afraid. I don’t always know why I feel this way.
- Sometimes I feel like I’m choking, like I can’t swallow.
- My hands tremble.
- I feel shaky and unsteady.
- I really don’t like feeling out of control.
- Sometimes I have difficulty breathing.
- I fear dying. Sometimes I’m afraid I or someone I love is going to die.
- I feel like I’m going to faint, or I do faint.
- I get hot / cold sweats.
There are lots of different ways anxiety can show up. For some it’s a constant state of restlessness, where you just can’t seem to relax and are always on edge. For others it’s constant worry, fear about uncontrollable aspects of life, or dread about facing each day’s stress. Some people’s anxiety shows up in panic attacks, muscle tension, indigestion, difficulty breathing, racing thoughts and a racing heart. Sleeplessness. Nightmares or reoccurring and stressful dreams. The bottom line is it’s miserable. If you struggle with anxiety some or all of these symptoms mentioned resonate with you. It’s a good thing you don’t have to struggle with anxiety forever. Counseling can help.
Take the first step towards a better tomorrow, today.
Start Your Journey
Learn about how our counseling services work and how to get started.