Professional Marriage Counseling Can Help
Marriage can be the best or worst part of our life.
When things are good in our relationship there is nothing better. When it’s not good it cast a cloud over everything else. You want your marriage to make your life
better. You want to be happy. It doesn’t sound like too much to ask, but sometimes it seems so hard to grasp.
So many things can go wrong in marriage
The path to a lasting and rewarding marriage seems so narrow and hard to find. With so many marriages failing and couples struggling to like each other it makes one wonder if lasting happiness is possible.
- We never thought we’d fall out of love when we exchanged our vows on our wedding day. Yet real life has a way of grinding away at our love for each other.
- It seemed impossible that an affair could come between us and crush our heart.
- There so much we didn’t know about our self back when we got married, maybe we just weren’t ready to get married.
- There so much I didn’t know about my spouse, I feel tricked and trapped by a bait and switch scheme.
- My spouse changed so much. We used to be passionate lovers, now I don’t even think their attracted to me.
- Selfishness seems to dominate the relationship, it’s all about them and what they want.
- We can’t even talk without fighting. We don’t know how to communicate.
- Silent. Cold.
- Awesome roommates, but not much else. We work well as a team taking care of the kids, but haven’t been lovers in a long time.
- Everything gets swept under the rug. We don’t talk about anything that matters. We avoid conflict at all cost, and it’s killing us.
I don’t want to keep living like this
You don’t want to get divorced. You also don’t want to keep living like this. The burning question is “Can it get better?”
It’s hard to have hope when you’ve tried everything you know to do and it just keeps getting worse. Maybe we both make promises after it explodes and it gets better for a little while. It doesn’t take long, months-days-hours, before it goes right back the way it was before. Why should I believe that it will ever change?
You are not unique.
People have been flirting, coupling, and getting married for literally thousands of years. There is nothing new under the sun. I promise your problems aren’t unique. Lot’s of couples experience the same difficulties that you do. The reason that fact should encourage you is:
Professional marriage counselors spend THOUSANDS of hours doing marriage counseling every year helping couples just like you.
We know can overcome your struggles and have the marriage you have always wanted.
It IS hopeless.
There’s no reason to believe it will ever get better, IF you keep doing the same things you’ve always done.
Try something new.
Professional Marriage Counseling
Professional marriage counseling is different than listening to your mother or asking your friends what they did. Professional marriage counselors spend A LOT of time working with all sorts of people and every sort of marital difficulty. Their experience with complicated and easy cases gives them a vantage point that no one else has.
Here’s what you can expect from a professional marriage counselor:
Nobody wants their business spread all around town. Professional marriage counselors are held to legal and ethical standards that protect your confidentiality. Non-professionals aren’t held to the same standard.
Counselors get into the helping profession because we care about people. It’s not just a job for us, it’s our calling.
Professional counselors are trained to listen intently to what is being said and what’s not being said. Our training and experience helps us know what to listen for so we can thoroughly understand you and your situation.
Professional training equips counselors to use the best evidence based, researched supported methods for helping people. This training combined with thousands of hours of experience enables us to be competent help to you.
Your marriage is so important, it just makes sense to entrust it to some one who is equipped to help.
MyCounselor.Online has a marriage professional near you that can be on your team, helping you fight for your marriage.
We had tried everything we knew. It seemed hopeless. We tried professional marriage counseling as a last ditch effort before divorce. We are SO glad we did. Our marriage is actually better now that it ever has been.
– Jan and Frank, Nixa Missouri
Marriage Counseling has a VERY high success rate with committed couples.
Research on emotionally-focused couples counseling shows that 3 out of 4 couples (~73%) who engage professional relationship counseling reach a place of satisfaction with their relationship. At MyCounselor.Online we have NEVER (yes, I’m using the word never and I mean it) had a case where both spouses were committed to the marriage and both spouses engaged counseling and their relationship did not improve.
Take the first step towards a better tomorrow, today.
Start Your Journey
Learn about how our counseling services work and how to get started.