Self Care: How to Survive an Affair
What is self care?
Caring For Your Spirit
- Ask for God’s help and figuring our how to get through this.
- Connect in some way with support from a local church.
Caring For Your Body
Taking Care Of Your Mind
Identify Safe Friends
Connect With A Helper
Giving Yourself Permission to Be…
It is normal to be really, really, really angry. Like enraged. It is normal to think about ending your spouse’s life or the affair partner’s life. We strongly encourage you don’t. However, you are not crazy if the thought crosses your mind. From a Christian perspective, God gets really angry about sin, so for you to feel really angry about your spouse’s sinful choices is consistent with the heart of God.
Don’ts of Self Care
- Post on Social Media
- Binge eat, drink, shop
- Make major life decisions (divorce, change job, move)
- Tell family prior to talking to a professional (hyperlink this to other article)
- Take responsibility for your spouse’s behavior or choices
Take the first step towards a better tomorrow, today.
Start Your Journey
Learn about how our counseling services work and how to get started.